Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fun and Games...

Today, I had to go to the range (pistol). Well let me tell ya. It was kinda raining this morning when I left. When i got to the range it was bone dry (Thanks Lord). I didn't have to pull out the rain jacket (have you ever tried to shoot a gun in a rain jacket). Man it got be-u-ti-ful, it was a light overcast, and clearing not hot. So I'm in the second group and I get to the firing line, I gets right up there and I get the order to fire, what I didn't hit the target. I seek out the next and bang did I hit the target. so's i go through the rest of the sequence and I score me a 84.3 or an 87.4 don't remember. I startsa kickin myself and i calm myself down. I get ready for the next one, man i hit the target, and i scores me a 96.7 now thats what I'm talking about. Now I go and do another round and I shoot me a 91.3 yes I did it. Now let me tell ya. I was told that I had to shot 90's or better to stay on our Dog team. So i went out there and I preformed just like a machine ( not a well oiled machine). But none the less a machine. Then we did a shotgun Coarse and i did well. Now the fun began, I had to do the fast and dead drills. Move and shot turning targets, boy let me tell ya, makes you think, am I good enough, well hecks no that target turned and disappeared, Didn't even get my gun out, was I slow, well heck no. No the instructor was just fast on the button. Bam it was over. I did manage to get the rounds off, But let me tell ya, that will make you think, crap goes down fast. The moral of this drill was to let ya know you are or might get shot and don't give up until you eliminate your threat. I did have my eye opening today.

Well I am going to have to be going...
talk at ya's later.

4 comments:

  1. Hell Billy, sounds to me like ya had enough oil in the machine, shootin in the 90's an all. Sure hope ya never have to use them skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great moral or lesson, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Toyin O.
    i wanted to post on ur blog but could not. I will try later love ur page.
    thanks
    Mr. nice guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bout time u got back! Now, if ol BB would,,
    That target shooting sounded good enough to me. lol

    ReplyDelete