Saturday, September 17, 2011

Phone call zero dark 30 ....

I was asleep at 05:28 am, when the phone started ringing. I picked up my phone. I looked, and looked again, i tried to answer it, stupid phone was fubar for a moment. I recognized the number. That's the Jail. I called it back, it was Sgt. Craft. Sgt. C advised me that there was a missing persons call ( 1 year old). He asked if I wanted to get involved with the call out. Well heck ya, it's a child.  I got up and found a pen and paper for the ron-da-vue point. I got up and and made me some coffee, and got ready for a shower. Sgt c called me back and said to 10-23 (stand by). He called me again and told me to 10-22 (stand down)at 05:35, they called it off. I didn't get the word that they found the child, But I sure hope they did.

Last night I got a call from Robert, His trailer blew a tire. His spare was 53 miles away. I had just sat down for diner and ordered my grub. He asked if I could come and meet him exchange my trailer for his and bring his trailer back to his house. I eats my grub and head to Roberts house. I get there ( it was dark) couldn't find any thing. Finally located all the stuff and on the road I went. 53 miles later I located Robert and the gang he had with him ( at the Wal-Mart). We started exchanging all the stuff from his trailer to mine. Got all that done. Now put the spare tire on, Flat spare tire. Puts some fix-a-flat in that tire. Now exchange the trailers. I pull off and straight to the Quck-trip Gas station, put some air in the tire and looks good. get me some coffee and down the road I go. Oh ya the lights were going crazy. I get 10 miles heading home, pull over check the tire and I had a spare 7 pin cannon plug to 4 way. I puts the new one in and wallah the lights are good now. I get that trailer to Roberts house and drop it and to my house 11:43 I'm  done. off to bed.

Now I'm on my way to the deck I hope that i finish today. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Is this Robert ya talk'n bout my oldest son the "hunter", the camper", "Mr. Extraordinaire" what never leaves home without a spare tire?
    You're such a good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you ever find out anything more about the "lost" child?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, dad it was your eldest son.
    yes he did take the guns.
    No, i haven't heard anything about the child. I did talk to Sgt. Craft and he did say that he was disappointed with the decision to call off the dogs (blood hounds). I hope that the child is safe.
    Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete